TAIPEI, Apr 17 (GCTL) - Budget carrier Tigerair Taiwan, a joint venture between Taiwan’s China Airlines Ltd (CAL) and Tiger Airways Pte of Singapore, plans to begin operation in October or November, chief executive officer Yue Kwan said on Monday.
Kwan — formerly the chief operating officer of Airtropolis GSA Services Pte Ltd — said Tigerair Taiwan will be managed independently, launching its own routes and expanding its own markets.
“It is very clear that Tigerair Taiwan will not be operated [only] as part of CAL,” the Singaporean budget carrier veteran, whose appointment was approved by the venture’s board on Friday last week, said at a press conference.
For full story above, kindly subscribe as gctl8.com member for ONLY US$120 per year. You can enjoy :
- SPECIAL 10% DISCOUNT ON ALL ADVERTISEMENTS AT GCTL8.COM & INSIGHTS MAGAZINE (Please quote your subscriber's name when placing an Advertisement to obtain the discount)
- FULL ACCESS TO: Our archives daily news articles
- Special Report articles (articles prepared in run-up to launch of Insights Magazine)
- Back issues of Insights Magazine (as only two months current issues are FREE for a one month period from date of publication)
- Contact details of Cargo Leads/Agencies wanted etc
- Details of job applicants at Classified Ads etc
- Monthly container throughput figures at Hong Kong port
- Monthly air cargo throughput figures at Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals, Asia Airfreight Terminals and Shanghai Pudong Air Cargo Terminals Ltd
Please click here for registration.
Low Cost Carriers
Aviation Greater China
Tiger Airways Pte,
China Airlines Ltd (CAL),
| Share this article with your friends