Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Greater China Transport Logistics - GCTL8.com about?
Greater China Transport Logistics - GCTL8.com - is a leading tri-lingual web portal providing the FASTEST DAILY BREAKING NEWS and IMPORTANT ISSUES about cargo and mail (freight) in global supply chain and distribution NETWORKS handled by forwarders & logistics services providers via multi-modal transport modes for exports, imports and transshipments between one of the world's fastest growing economies - Greater China - and the rest of the world.
- Who are the main readers of GCTL8.com?
The main readers of GCTL8.com are top executives and decision makers in the Transport Logistics industry, who wish to be continually informed about changes in the market environment, Government regulations and events that might impact their business in the countries they operate. For example, the volcanic ash incident impact more businesses in the air cargo world than expected and the weakness of the Euro that has impacted the purchasing power of the EU are clear examples of how they are impacting trade and commerce.
- What makes GCTL8.com stand out compared with its competitors?
As far as we are aware, we do not have any competitors who have the same reporting capabilities of breaking news on a daily basis in three languages - English, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese as us. And even if they did, they probably do not have the reach of GCTL8.com which has an average of over 3 million hits monthly, with an average of about 20,000 unique visitors monthly. In addition, GCTL8.com's email newsletter reaches more than 20,000 readers daily.
- How do I find the news I am looking for?
You can find the news by going to the "Archives Search" on the top of our home page and type in the keywords.
- How can I get the contact details for Cargo Leads/ Agencies wanted?
As long as you have subscribed as our paid member, you can get the contact details of the Cargo Leads/Agencies wanted, by writing to info@GCTL8.com.
- How often do you send out Email Newsletter?
We send out Email Newsletter daily.
- If I cannot access the site or I am receiving an error message what should I do?
Please email info@GCTL8.com with details of exact error message you are receiving and at what stage you are experiencing these difficulties and we will look into this for you and contact you as soon as possible.
- What is the minimum subscription period?
A year's subscription for website GCTL8.com and/or for GCTL Insights Magazine.
- What is the difference between free member and paid member?
- Free member can only get access to:
- Last two weeks of our archives daily news articles with 3 lines of news coverage
- 2 current issues of Insights Magazine
- For paid members, you can enjoy the benefits stated below:
- SPECIAL 10% DISCOUNT ON ALL ADVERTISEMENTS AT GCTL8.COM & INSIGHTS MAGAZINE (Please quote your subscriber's name when placing an Advertisement to obtain the discount)
- FULL ACCESS TO: Our archives daily news articles
- Special Report articles (articles prepared in run-up to launch of Insights Magazine)
- Back issues of Insights Magazine (as only two months current issues are FREE for a one month period from date of publication)
- Contact details of Cargo Leads/Agencies wanted etc
- Details of job applicants at Classified Ads etc
- Soon to be launched monthly container throughput figures at Hong Kong port
- Soon to be launched monthly air cargo throughput figures at Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals, Asia Airfreight Terminals and Shanghai Pudong Air Cargo Terminals Ltd
- How can I pay for my subscription?
You may pay online by PayPal or by cheque or make payment to our Foreign Currency Account (in US dollars) or to our HK current account. You can request an invoice to be sent to your company and the invoice will state the payment options, including details of cheque and bank transfers. Online access will be granted upon receipt of payment.
- Is the access control method controlled by IP range or by username/password?
- Is the username/password of a single user license allowed to be shared?
The username and password of a single user license is allowed to be shared. However, only one person may use the username and password log in at a time.
- How do I know whether my account has exceeded the number of concurrent users?
Our system can monitor it. Once the number of users logged in exceeds the limit, other users will be blocked from accessing the system and informed that the access is busy.
- What does it mean by single user or multiple user license?
Single-user license means that only one single-user can access to our website at one time.
For multi-user license agreements, say 5 users license, it means that 5 users can access to our website at the same time.
- How can I change my contact details for my subscription?
We require all contact details changes, including individual names and email address changes, to be submitted in writing. You can send your details to info@GCTL8.com.
Please state the old address and the new address to allow us to retrieve and change your details.
GCTL Insights Magazine
- Is the ID and password for reading Insights Magazine online version the same as the id and password of GCTL8.com?
Yes, the user id and password for logging in the online version of Insights Magazine is the same as that of GCTL8.com.
- Why can't I access to the Insights Magazine though I've already logged in to GCTL8.com?
You have to log again in order to read the online version of Insights Magazine.
- Why should I subscribe for the Insights Magazine print edition as I can read it online?
If you did not subscribe to our website, you cannot refer to the back issues of Insights Magazine. By subscribing the print edition, you can have it in hand and refer to it whenever you want.
- Can I order the back issue of Insights Magazine printed edition?
Yes, please send an email to info@GCTL8.com and state which back issue you wanted to order. Please note that our printed edition of Insights Magazine is only available to subscribers as from the March/April 2010 issue onwards.
- When is the deadline that you can receive an advertisement for the GCTL Insights Magazine?
The deadline would be the last day of the first month of the bi-monthly issue.
That is, for example, the deadline of an advert for Sep/Oct issue will be September 30 and the deadline for Nov/Dec issue will be November 30.
For GCTL8.com advertising, once we have received and accepted the banner Ad, our Company will arrange to have it published within 24 hours after receipt of the artwork.
GCTL8.com does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed. GCTL8.com does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The views and opinions of authors and editors expressed on GCTL8.com's website do not necessarily state or reflect those of the owner or publisher of the GCTL8.com website, and they may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
|Copyright © 2013 GCTL8.com. All rights reserved.