China Watch Blog has learnt that with Google’s Instant Preview here to stay, leading search marketing specialist and technology firm Greenlight, has 2011 pegged as “web design year”.
Greenlight predicts Google and Bing will offer app search before the year is out, as competition between the two hots up and duplication filters to get even tougher as the search engines take more drastic measures to limit the amount of resource they spend on less valuable content.
For paid search, Greenlight predicts 2011 will be the year display marketing starts to mirror much of what is search in practice. It expects there to be huge growth in the contextual based pay-per-click (PPC) model – pulling away from the search engine domain to advertisers such as such as eBay or Amazon and the Yahoo! “Rich ads in Search” proposition to take off, prompting Google to counter with a more appealing model.
These are just a few of Greenlight’s top 10 predictions in its annual ‘Year in Review Briefing’, charting what’s in store for natural and paid search marketing in 2011.
It also looks back at what unfolded in 2010, surprises included, and how its predictions panned out. Among others they included Google factoring in the content of videos into page relevancy scores and the search giant finding more ways to monetise the excess inventory in AdWords, to internet use on mobile phones accelerating and mobile search taking off.
Greenlight’s top 10 predictions for paid and natural search in 2011 include:
1. Google and Bing will offer app search before the year is out
2. Display marketing will mirror much of what is search in practice
3. Google versus Bing – competition will hot up
4. Yahoo! “Rich ads in Search” proposition will take off, prompting Google to consider offering display style ads within the search engine results page (SERPs)
5. Too much content on the web
6. There will be massive growth in the contextual based PPC model – pulling away from the search engine domain to advertisers such as eBay or Amazon
7. Instant Previews are here to stay, making 2011 “web design year”
8. Pre-targeting, Re-targeting, Re-marketing – all will be a prerequisite of any search strategy
9. Quick Response (QR) codes will replace “search online” calls to action in above the line (ATL) advertising
10. Google comparison ads will be rolled out across all finance (and perhaps more) vertical keywordsIf you think China Watch Blog's information is useful, click on cup of coffee on left hand side and make a small contribution via PayPal