JAKARTA, Apr 30 (GCTL) - Indonesia has issued a ban on imports of cattle products from the US following the discovery of a mad cow disease in that country on April 24.
Agriculture minister Suswono said here on Thursday the Directorate General of Animal Husbandry and Animal Health a mad cow case was found in California on April 24.
On April 25 he called the US embassy to ask for clarification on the matter and "they confirmed about the case. The US agriculture attache in Indonesia had also presented evidence of the case," he said.
For full story above, kindly subscribe as gctl8.com member for ONLY US$120 per year. You can enjoy :
- SPECIAL 10% DISCOUNT ON ALL ADVERTISEMENTS AT GCTL8.COM & INSIGHTS MAGAZINE (Please quote your subscriber's name when placing an Advertisement to obtain the discount)
- FULL ACCESS TO: Our archives daily news articles
- Special Report articles (articles prepared in run-up to launch of Insights Magazine)
- Back issues of Insights Magazine (as only two months current issues are FREE for a one month period from date of publication)
- Contact details of Cargo Leads/Agencies wanted etc
- Details of job applicants at Classified Ads etc
- Monthly container throughput figures at Hong Kong port
- Monthly air cargo throughput figures at Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals, Asia Airfreight Terminals and Shanghai Pudong Air Cargo Terminals Ltd
Please click here for registration.