DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, May 2 (GCTL) - Seaport operator DP World says strong business in Asia boosted cargo volumes at its ports nearly 10 percent in the first quarter of the year.
The world's third-largest port operator said Monday it handled the equivalent of 13.8 million standard 20-foot shipping containers between January and March. That is up 9.5 percent from 12.6 million containers during the same period a year earlier.
Dubai-based DP World says the bulk of the gains came from its businesses in the Far East and the Indian subcontinent, which together saw a 14.6 percent jump in trade.
For full story above, kindly subscribe as gctl8.com member for ONLY US$120 per year. You can enjoy :
- SPECIAL 10% DISCOUNT ON ALL ADVERTISEMENTS AT GCTL8.COM & INSIGHTS MAGAZINE (Please quote your subscriber's name when placing an Advertisement to obtain the discount)
- FULL ACCESS TO: Our archives daily news articles
- Special Report articles (articles prepared in run-up to launch of Insights Magazine)
- Back issues of Insights Magazine (as only two months current issues are FREE for a one month period from date of publication)
- Contact details of Cargo Leads/Agencies wanted etc
- Details of job applicants at Classified Ads etc
- Monthly container throughput figures at Hong Kong port
- Monthly air cargo throughput figures at Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals, Asia Airfreight Terminals and Shanghai Pudong Air Cargo Terminals Ltd
Please click here for registration.