NIGERIA, Jan 20 (GCTL) - GAC has issued a maritime security alert for the Gulf of Aden after hijacked Italian-flagged tanker Enrico Ievoli was reported heading north east from the Somali coastline in position 08:54N-050:59E on 19 January.
The vessel has a red hull and white accommodation block, IMO number 9188415.
The movement comes days after previously-hijacked Marshall Islands flagged MT Liquid Velvet was reportedly patrolling as a mother ship between Socotra and the north eastern tip of Puntland on 10 January.
For full story above, kindly subscribe as gctl8.com member for ONLY US$120 per year. You can enjoy :
- SPECIAL 10% DISCOUNT ON ALL ADVERTISEMENTS AT GCTL8.COM & INSIGHTS MAGAZINE (Please quote your subscriber's name when placing an Advertisement to obtain the discount)
- FULL ACCESS TO: Our archives daily news articles
- Special Report articles (articles prepared in run-up to launch of Insights Magazine)
- Back issues of Insights Magazine (as only two months current issues are FREE for a one month period from date of publication)
- Contact details of Cargo Leads/Agencies wanted etc
- Details of job applicants at Classified Ads etc
- Monthly container throughput figures at Hong Kong port
- Monthly air cargo throughput figures at Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals, Asia Airfreight Terminals and Shanghai Pudong Air Cargo Terminals Ltd
Please click here for registration.