SYDNEY, Nov 29 (GCTL) - Australia's Qantas Airways Ltd said the airline expected to post an underlying net profit before tax of between AU$140 million (US$138 million) to AU$190 million for the six months to December 2011.
The national flag carrier said increases in fuel costs and the impact of industrial action had cost the company more than AU$650 million.
Qantas Chief Executive Officer Alan Joyce said the forecast result underlined the strength of the Qantas Group's strategy and portfolio of businesses, and would be achieved despite a number of challenges.
For full story above, kindly subscribe as gctl8.com member for ONLY US$120 per year. You can enjoy :
- SPECIAL 10% DISCOUNT ON ALL ADVERTISEMENTS AT GCTL8.COM & INSIGHTS MAGAZINE (Please quote your subscriber's name when placing an Advertisement to obtain the discount)
- FULL ACCESS TO: Our archives daily news articles
- Special Report articles (articles prepared in run-up to launch of Insights Magazine)
- Back issues of Insights Magazine (as only two months current issues are FREE for a one month period from date of publication)
- Contact details of Cargo Leads/Agencies wanted etc
- Details of job applicants at Classified Ads etc
- Monthly container throughput figures at Hong Kong port
- Monthly air cargo throughput figures at Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals, Asia Airfreight Terminals and Shanghai Pudong Air Cargo Terminals Ltd
Please click here for registration.