SINGAPORE, Apr 12 (GCTL) - Singapore Airlines (SIA) says it will operate an Airbus A380 superjumbo on all three of its daily London frequencies from June 1.
At the moment, the A380 flies on two of the three flights; the other is served by a Boeing B777-300ER. The new change will add 17% more capacity per day to the route, in time for the London Olympics.
London was the first city in Europe to receive SIA’s pioneering A380 in March 2008. The airline now flies the A380 to 10 destinations: London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo and Zurich.
For full story above, kindly subscribe as gctl8.com member for ONLY US$120 per year. You can enjoy :
- SPECIAL 10% DISCOUNT ON ALL ADVERTISEMENTS AT GCTL8.COM & INSIGHTS MAGAZINE (Please quote your subscriber's name when placing an Advertisement to obtain the discount)
- FULL ACCESS TO: Our archives daily news articles
- Special Report articles (articles prepared in run-up to launch of Insights Magazine)
- Back issues of Insights Magazine (as only two months current issues are FREE for a one month period from date of publication)
- Contact details of Cargo Leads/Agencies wanted etc
- Details of job applicants at Classified Ads etc
- Monthly container throughput figures at Hong Kong port
- Monthly air cargo throughput figures at Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals, Asia Airfreight Terminals and Shanghai Pudong Air Cargo Terminals Ltd
Please click here for registration.